About East Hills
The largest of the Roslyn Villages, East Hills has a population of about 7,200 people. When it was first established in 1931 the land area of East Hills was 98% farm and estate holdings, with 65 homes occupying the remaining 2%. Today, the percentage is reversed; with 98% of the land area occupied by 2,300 homes, and less than 2% remains undeveloped.
The most distinctive feature of life in East Hills is its 50 acre Park and Pool facility. Located on the former Roslyn Air National Guard base, the site includes a state of the art pool facility, Italian tiled locker rooms, a small restaurant- the Park Grille, tennis courts, jogging trails, playgrounds, work out rooms, meeting rooms, a dog park, a 300 foot sledding hill, a senior center, auditorium and 15 acres of untouched, pristine land. At 12,000 square feet, the park's pool is the largest municipal leisure pool on Long Island and includes a 100 foot water slide. This $17,000 facility opened in 2006 and was paid for by the residents of East Hills. It is open only to residents and is one of the primary selling features of the village.